October is the best because we get to celebrate Brody's birthday and Halloween at the same time! Hooray! We had so much fun for Brody's b-day. We went to Chuckee Cheese which was so fun because there wasn't anyone else there for most of the time- so we had the place all to ourselves. I haven't been there since I was a kid and it was totally more fun than I thought it was going to be. We also got to go to a Halloween carnival put on by the MBASA group. Brody was the cutest one there (of course). He insisted on being a giraffe for Halloween this year. He only ever wants to be animals for Halloween which I am totally okay with. I have strong views on Halloween costumes: #1- let your kid be what THEY want to be (with some parental encouragement of course) #2- don't be scary things! #3- age appropriate!!! I get totally irate when I see little kids dressed up as, like, the joker. Seriously parent, did you let your 3 year old watch that Batman movie? Because that movie was for sure not intended for 3 year olds. And if you didn't let him watch the movie, then why would he have any desire to be the joker for Halloween? Does he even know who that is? Don't even get me going on little girls dressed as hookers. Where was I? Oh yeah! Brody and Halloween. So we had fun at the carnival. Then we came home and had cake and did the present thing. Brody was quite particular what he wanted for his cake. He wanted a chocolate cake with red frosting. So I did that, then when I asked what decoration he wanted (meaning like his name, or the #4, or a cool picture) he said he wanted a tree. I said "are you sure you don't want your name or something?" and he said "Well, tree it is." So it was settled.
For preschool they did a little Halloween parade and sang some Halloween songs. Brody sat with his hands over his ears and his head between his legs for one of the songs. He told me later it was because it said 'Boo!' at the end and it was too scary. Brody got to be the line leader in the parade because it was his birthday. So fun for him!
On Halloween Aubrey and my parents came here and we went to an AWESOME pizza place (Pizza Pie Cafe- where Tony Roma's used to be in Provo. Seriously, go there.) Then we went bowling which I love. The nice thing about bowling is that it is just as much fun if you are horrible or if you are great. Also the shoes. Then we came back here and took the kiddo's Trick-or-Treating. Afton was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She was too adorable. And everyone loved our little giraffe. Brody was so scared to go to people's houses he didn't know and knock on their doors but he was totally brave about it (as long as he had a death grip on mine or grandma's hand). I was so glad Aubs and my parents came here- we had such a fun time.
In other news, Afton is starting to get around on her own. It is always an adventure to leave the room and them come back and try to find the baby. She often is stuck under the coffee table, but she is totally happy about it. I love our baby!
I made this video to commemorate our Halloween/Birthday Extravaganza. Enjoy!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Happy Birthoween!
Posted by Andersontaculer at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How did I miss this post? So cute! Love the costumes and your cake was so great--that Brody is so so adorable....I agree on the bowling...I got a whopping 63 last time and I loved it...and wow--you'd think that averaging 6 a frame would get you more then that...but no...no it doesn't. anyway--LOVE YOU!
ooooh, see I guess i didn't miss it...you just did it...I'm a nerd...let's not talk about this!
Oh my, the kids are so cute and so big! I miss you guys!it's so fun to see the adorable pics.
Funny as always :) I loved the birthday cake. The red looked a little on the orange side and with the tree it totally looked "birthoween"! Way to go mom! And Dorothy looked absolutely adorable! She's growing up so fast, I hope I get to meet her one day . . . Afton that is, not Dorothy (just in case you were wondering :).
Post a Comment