

So a couple weeks ago mom, dad, Aubrey, Brody, and I all went on a trip to the Oregon coast. I was, of course, obligated to quote the Chinese-Lucy from that movie with Mr. Bean (see title). But it was tons of fun. We got to stay in a little A-frame beach house, eat
tons of fresh made clam chowder, and see some big, fat, stinky sea lions right up close. You may think after we ate all that clam chowder that I am talking about Aubrey. But for reals, we saw actual sea lions. And they are so much more intimidating seeing them up close in real life then seeing them at an aquarium. Again, I am talking about actual sea lions and not Aubrey although the observation holds firm for either one. We also went to the beach, of course. It was a little chilly so we didn't do any actual swimming but it was still so, so beautiful. Brody had so much fun splashing his little feet in the water when waves came and trying to throw rocks in the ocean. I say trying because he would get so nervous/excited when the water would come in that he would forget to throw his rock until the wave had gone back out. So he would just end up throwing his rock into wet sand. Try as he might he could never quite figure out the rhythm of the waves. Cute guy. The best part was we didn't even kill each other on the long car ride out there. I find if you have your face constantly stuffed with licorice nibs the entire time you don't fight quite as much. So, although I did come back 75 lbs. heavier overall I would call it vacation success!
1 comments:
HA HA! So funny about Aubrey and the Sea Lion. Made me laugh lots. I know you've told me about your blog before but until I went on Andrea's today--I'd totally forgot...so YAAAA.
Post a Comment