I have heard some concern expressed on our behalf because of our plans to move to Detroit this summer. These are valid concerns considering Detroit has one of the highest crime rates in the country. However, we have some very good reasons for going there and I felt that if I addressed them here then maybe everybody could quit whinning. First of all, Riley has been trying for a long time to break out into the rap industry. He has not had a lot of success here in Orem for some reason. We felt that Detroit would be a great way for him to get his foot in the door by competing (and hopefully winning!) at some of the rap-offs they have in all those abandoned warehouses.
Our second reason for moving to Detroit is, as many of you know I have had a long-held desire to join a gang. Again, I have not found a lot of success with that goal here in Orem. There are some Utah county gangs but their idea of gang initiation is to cut in line at the Dollar Theatre. It's just not as intense as I was hoping for. Riley and I both felt that Detroit would be a great place for us to accomplish all our goals and dreams in life. Oh, also Riley will be doing an internship for Ford while we are there. That will be nice to help us finance our ambitions. Riley is going to need a lot of bling if he is going to have any street cred. So wish us well with our summer plans! Hopefully when we move back to Orem in August we will have accomplished all we set out to do!
Create your own FACEinHOLE
Create your own FACEinHOLE

3 comments:
Ha ha! That's awesome. You should have told me Riley was interested in rapping because I happen to have an in with B-Money. He's like Provo's Snoop. Also I was a gang in the fifth grade where I was in charge of collecting gossip. I was kicked out after our first meeting and Jill Neeley took my gossip finding position. Gang life is rough.
Plus that is one of my top 5 favorite face-in-holes ever. This is a link to B-Money's you tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlGh64-l4IU
LOVE the pictures! You're too funny. The internship sounds nice. When exactly is your baby due?
Looks like you'll miss the Mickelson family reunion . . . but that's OK, I probably won't be there this year either.
Post a Comment