Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Recent Goings On

Since we are total celebrities everyone always wants to be up in our bid-nass. Their all like "what are you doing?", "we want to look at your awesome face", "we love you so much, what cool things are you up to?" So to appease the public I thought I would let you all in on some of our recent Michigan activities. Here goes:

Riley ran in some sort of running activity (5k? 10k? Marathon? I don't know these kind of things). It was for his work or something. I didn't go because it was too dad-blame early in the morning and I didn't want to have to get the kids ready. When he came home I asked him how he did. He said he was coming in with the 60 year old Asian ladies. I'm assuming that since Riley is a champion runner old Asian ladies must be super quick. I guess since they don't have a lot of weight on them they can run like the wind!

We went to the Rainforest Cafe. Brody has asked me every day since then "Can we have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe tonight?" I seriously love theme places like that! Also, Brody wouldn't go by any of the animals until we told him they weren't real. After that he loved them.

We went to Greenfield Village at the Henry Ford. It had tons of old Model T's driving around and all sorts of period stuff from around that time. It was all sorts of historical-y. I wish we could have spent a week there so we could have seen all of it.

Our library totally rocks. I am kind of a library fanatic and this one has the best kids section I have ever seen. Seriously.

Brody likes feeding the ducks at our pond.

He also likes to go for walks on our 'Nature Trail'. It is like living in a jungle here. So much greenery.

Also Afton got even cuter (as if that was possible). Examples here:


here:



and here:



Anyway, we are having a great time here in Michigan! If anyone ever wants to come visit we would love it. Come on over!

6 comments:

Camie Marie said...

Sounds like you are having a great adventure. You're kiddos are beautiful!

Camie Marie said...

BTW: I LOVE the song!!

Melodie Anne said...

Oh Shaloogi is too cute. Also Brody is adorable. I miss him so much! I miss Shaloogi too but she doesn't really do anything yet, plus I haven't known her as long, so I miss Brody more. Take him back to the Rainforest Cafe! That was like the funniest conversation I ever had with him.

Perschon Family said...

Yep...she is surley adorable! And I'm glad you're having fun in the jungle!!!

Winn Family said...

Ha Ha! I love it all! I love reading your blog/talking to you, hearing about others who have talked to you....Just, maybe next time you guys move you should move here? Okay!so awesome on the library! I love libraries--do they have a good story time? and the ducks and the nature trail and little Afton...just all of it! Thanks for blogging! I love it!!!!

Melodie Anne said...

Regarding the Winnie The Pooh picture:

#1 I felt like it was overly classy-ing my blog. Like I was trying to be the Queen of England or something.

#1 It just wouldn't ever show up, so I deleted it. But I'll tell you the website I got it from if you want/