Thursday, November 4, 2010

Merry Christmas!


I got an early Christmas present this year. It is my very own, so cute, fabulous new (to me) piano!!! We have always wanted to have a piano but we knew we didn't want to get one until we were in a place where we would stay for a little while. Because you all know what a pain pianos are to move. But even after we moved here we weren't really thinking too much about a piano until I got called as the ward choir pianist. Now, I'm not really what you would call "naturally gifted" on the piano. I wouldn't even really classify me as "good". I fit more in the lines of "tolerable with practice". So I for sure needed something I could practice on and we found this lovely thing on the Craigslist for $250. Looove Craigslist. It is old. The people we bought it from didn't know how old it was but it has real ivory keys.
(See: ivory keys- that's why you can see the grain in them. Pretty, right?)

So you know it has got to be pretty old. But I love it. So much. It is my sparkle-fancy-glitter dream of a piano. Also I have to give a big thank you to guys in the EQ who were willing to do a middle of the night piano move. Also thanks to Mel and Ri who moved the piano again after I decided I didn't like it in the room it was in. You guys are brilliant!

10 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations!!! Having a piano is fantastic, probably even more so since you actually play!! The color is so pretty!

Angie said...

PS.. did you get my blog invite yet? I was guessing on your email address.

Westons said...

Gorgeous! And even though I don't play, I can totally appreciate the real ivory keys! So neat. And congratulations on the new house too. It looks beautiful. Best of luck with the decorating. I always find that a problem as well, but mostly because I don't have any money to work with. Oh, well.

A Real Winner said...

Hooray for your pretty piano!!!

Carli W. said...

I think it's a beautiful piano! I'm glad you are loving it. I hope you enjoy playing for the choir too. Sounds like a scary calling to me...

Melodie Anne said...

For reals, it is so pretty!!!

Camie Marie said...

Beautiful. Goes perfectly with it's owner. Congrats!!

Grafulas said...

That's an awesome piano, and an awesome deal. If you ever have work done it, be careful--my friend got an antique/ivory and ebony keyed piano at an auction for $100 and had the "wood" redone, and when she got it back they'd replaced/STOLEN the original keys. It was sad, and since she's not as unforgiving as I probably would be, she didn't demand justice... Anyway, way happy for you :) Enjoy!

Alison said...

I love it! What a pretty piano. It will love you too. I have the same lovely calling, and there is one good thing about it. It forces me to practice, so I don't forget all my piano playing skills...

Winn Family said...

That is the CUTEST piano i've ever seen!!!!!!