So Riley and I went on a cruise in June and it was AMAZING!!! Cruises are for reals the way to go if you want to have any fun on your vacation. And the best part was that mom came and stayed with Brody for us all week, (he can't read yet so nobody tell him that I wrote that and we'll be okay) thanks mom! So it was a vay-kay for just Riley and I. We had our own balcony room which I loved, no fighting for a lounge chair by the pool for us! We ate ALL THE TIME and the food was so, so, so good. I don't think I can even put into words how much fun we had. We did the Mexican Rivera cruise and it was so nice and warm and beautiful. We saw dolphins and flying fish and other assorted "wild life." The first two days we spent at sea so we had time to look around the ship and do the bingo and karaoke thing. On the third day we stopped in Puerta Vallarta where we spent half the day horse back riding and half the day walking around the city on our own. It was so fun to hear Riley talking his Spanish to all the Mexicanites (you can't just say Mexican anymore, apparently that's derogatory). It was funny when we went on the horses because Riley got a very spirited little fellow and I'm pretty sure mine was in the last stages of some life-threatening horse disease because I could hardly get him to move. So we had a hard time trying to ride next to each other, but it was still so fun. Anyway, the next day our stop was Mazatlan and it was my FAVORITE. We were boated out to this little exclusive island with the most amazing white sand and we went kayaking. Riley and I rock at kayaking, for real. We beat everybody and didn't even tip over. Then we just got to play on the beach- it was like heaven. Our last stop was in Cabo San Lucas where we went on a boat ride on this cool catamaran and then we went snorkeling. We didn't take our digital camera so I couldn't put any pictures up of it but we saw all sorts of fish. It kind of grossed me out. Plus there were jellyfish all over the place! We are so lucky we didn't get stung- tons of people on the boat came back with these huge red welts from being stung. I'm especially grateful because I KNOW Riley would have tried to pee on me while trying to convince me it would take the sting away. Surprisingly what they actually put on it was straight vinegar so the pee thing would probably work although I'm glad I didn't have to find out. Then our last day was another day at sea and Riley and I lazed about the whole day and mourned the end of our great vacation. It was seriously fun the whole time, Riley and I went to almost all the shows, comedians, weird ventriloquists, etc. We got dressed up in our fancy clothes and went to a cocktail party and got to dance to a live band. The waiters looked at us like we were dimwitted for going to a cocktail party and asking for non-alcoholic drinks. I even got Riley to go to the club with me a couple of times- he's got some moves! But everything was fun- even coming home because I got to see my Brody again. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect vacation- so now aren't you jealous all you everybody else.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha ha ha! I love it! (and Riley totally would have tried to pee on you huh? FUNNY!) I'm sooooo happy you guys got to go! And my sis Nik says that you guys were so so so smart to do that. They don't have time cause he had to start up school right away but she said ya'll were super smart! And Mom's so cool to babysit twice huh? So so nice! They get here on Tuesday! YAY!!! Oh, and happy birthday soon!
We are sooo jealous at this house! Mike would "almost" kill for this vacation! It sounds like you had an amazing time and I'm sooo glad your mom gave me your blog, so I can read about it! Love You! Camie
Sounds like you guys had a luxurious vacation :) (This is your cousin, Chelsea, by the way...) The part that amazes me the most is that you got your husband to go to a club--the only way I'd get Carl into one is if it was the only public restroom avaiable within ten miles.
well you are a celebrity now! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment