

We decided it was high time we hiked Timpanogos Cave. So we loaded up the back pack, got our flashlights, and headed up the mountain. After a flat tire and a couple of wrong turns (due to Riley's poor driving, not my navigation skills, of course) we finally made our way to the trail head. It was so fun. I thought for sure we would have to carry Brody the whole way up but he actually wanted to walk the whole time. Which was awesome for me because then I didn't have to sprint up the mountain like Riley thought we should. It is a totally paved trail and whenever there is an area where there could be a potential rock slide the trail is painted with a red stripe. The first time we saw one we told Brody the red meant you had to race. Turns out there were a lot more red stripes then I thought there would be. So he actually ended up running a good portion of the way up. What a little trooper. It was a beautiful hike. When we got to the top where you go into the cave our tour guide was waiting for us. Apparently you have to go through with a tour guide. Too bad she was crazy. She was way big into "imagination" like this: "Imagine you are a toad and you wanted to lick a sugar cube. What kind of pants would you wear for the occasion?" Only you have to pretend she is saying it in a way mystical-type voice. It made the cave even more interesting trying to figure out what the heck she was talking about. (Turns out she wasn't talking about anything, she really was just crazy.) Anyway, if you haven't ever gone through the cave I would really recommend it. It was awesome, only don't take any of your fat friends with you because there were some pretty tight spots. After we got out of the cave Brody wanted to be carried so we picked him out and he zonked right out. He had wore himself out from all the running up the mountain. So we had to take turns carrying him the whole way back down because he was dead asleep. Anyway, we had lots of fun! Maybe we'll go again sometime after we've confirmed that tour guide has retired!

3 comments:
Ha Ha!!! Toad and sugar cube. That was the best part. Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!
p.s. I didn't even know you had a blog until I found it through chelsea's blog. That's lame of us.
Melodie is lame. Plus, way funny about the tour guide, haha.
I laugh so hard reading your stuff!!! YAY for being funny!!!
Post a Comment