Riley graduated! Hooray! I am so proud of him! The bad part is we didn't get any good pictures. I swear- we don't look this heinous all the time. At least I hope not. Oh crap, what if we seriously look like this all the time and I never realized it! This is not good. Anyway, our hideousness does not diminish Riley's accomplishments.
The good part is that Riley is finally done with school (yay!) The bad part is that now we have to move to Michigan (boo!) I will miss everyone so much but at the same time I am so way excited for this new chapter in our lives. We were going to fly there this week and pick out a house. But, we decided that we kind of wanted to take our time looking so we are just going to lease an apartment until we find the home of our dreams. So instead of flying out to Michigan we went to Arches National Park. It was so fun to hike around. Brody was such a trooper. He hiked the whole time all on his own. We did take a little longer then most people (seriously, an 83 year old guy passed us up). But, because so many people passed us on the way we got to visit with a lot of people and there was a whole cheering squad for us when we finally made it to the top! It was great!
I'm going to assume this is some sort of "dinosaur pose".
Also Brody loved the Sandy Arch. He was swimming around in it like it was water.
So we had a fun little vacation. We have a lot coming up next month (Andrea coming home, Lake Powell, moving) so we are excited for all that is before us!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Yay Riley!!!
Posted by Andersontaculer at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congraduationlations. That's what I was trying to get you to tell Ri over the phone. See how it is a melding of the words graduation and congratulations? Anyway, good job to Riley. At least Shaloogi looks cute in those pictures. The rest of you do look fuglier than usual.
Also Arches looks like it was a fun time- if you are into walking around in the out of doors. I sear that is one of Brody's go-to poses these days! That, and the fingers in his eyes. He's so funny.
Finally, you forgot to mention trip to Melodie's house on the list of fun things. Are you editing me out of your blog now?
YAY!~!!! CONGRATS to both of you!
and that is so funny that Melodie said you guys look fuglier than usual. i don't know what any of you are talking about ....you all look lovely!
how fun that you went to arches. cute pictures.
hope this next month is awesome for you guys as well! have fun and good luck with the move....i'm also excited for you guys and this next stage. you know i love to hear about house stuff so you better post pictures when you do find the house of your dreams! (and ps...DON"T BUILD! i hope you cant find a house you LOVE that is already built! this building thing was WAY TOO STRESSFUL! i never want to build again! don't get me wrong...i LOVE my house...but seriously, it was SO MUCH work and it isn't over yet! sorry...i just had to add that since we had that conversation about building vs buying an existing home. whatever you do end up doing...i'm super excited for you either way! YAY for new adventures! good luck and i'm happy for facebook and blogs to keep in touch!
Congratulations, Riley!
Your little family makes the best of everything, Emily. I'm excited for you to be able to move on to the next big adventure (though I will miss having the option of possibly seeing you once in a while). Good Luck with Everything!!
Ha Ha Ha! I love reading your stuff--"oh crap,what if we look like this all the time." funny stuff! It made me stop to ponder about all the ugly pictures I've taken...and how for real...that must be what I look like cause it's the majority...what do you do? And I think the pics are real nice! And fun that you went to arches! YAY! Not to mention I think it's sooooooooo smart that you're going to rent first...just great...real great! And you'll be closer to us! just great all around! Love you!
Ohhh, and GOOD JOB RILEY!!! I'm so lame that I didn't even write that! You're real special and fancy and great job and we're super excited for you guys! And Afton looks SOOOOOOOOOOO cute in the grad pic!
Post a Comment