Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kids and Their Pets

Brody has always been particular about his pets. His collection has grown over the years. He is up to 6 pets, plus his blanket. Every morning he has to bring his pets out and set them up on the couch and when it is bedtime he takes them all to bed with him. The day cannot begin until all the pets are out on the couch. Also, everything has to make it out in one armload. That's the trickiest part. Well, you know if Brody is doing something that means Afton has to do it too! She only has three pets, plus her blanket. Just like Brody she has to bring her pets out with her every morning- in one armload- which is quite a feat for those little arms. She sets her pets up by her while she gets her diaper changed. Then come nap-time they all have to go back to bed with her and come back out when she wakes up. I'm very grateful these are the kind of pets they like instead of the ones with actual fur and drool and stink.
Here is Brody with Nanny, Colombian Mammoth, Lion, Monkey, Pip-Squeak,and Stompy. And Blanket.
And here is Afton with Elephant, Kitty, and Biscuit (Biscuit used to be Brody's but he gave it to Afton when his arms got too full).
Here is another of Afton with her blanket that she loves:

And here are some more just cutesy pictures:
Getting ready to go swimming
This one cracks me up sooo much. Brody was doing some exploring- his hands were his binoculars and his Halloween bucket was his backpack. He went around and put all his "discoveries" in his backpack. He cracks my up everyday.

4 comments:

Perschon Family said...

i love it! that is so funny how particular he is about it all! i can't believe how grown up your baby girl is...she isn't a baby anymore! she is SOOO cute! i'm glad you're doing good!

Winn Family said...

I love how creative your kids are! I mean bringing their pets out every day--that's adorable! My boys never did stuff like that and I LOVE IT! Plus for real--they're super cute!

Melodie Anne said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! So funny! I love it. Those are the awesomest binoculars ever!

A Real Winner said...

I love your kids!!! My favorite part is that Brody's big elephant is called "Colombian Elephant". Not a surprise, is it? I miss you guys!!!