Monday, April 25, 2011

These Guys Came

Hooray! Mom and Dad were here! I was so, so glad they were able to come. This was their first trip to Michigan, so naturally they came when it was still bitter cold, the trees were all still barren, and everything was all grossly wintery-looking. I kept telling them "kay, really guys, Michigan can look pretty!" I don't know if they believed me. But I don't even care because it was so good to see them and be able to just loll about and play.

We went to one of my favorite places, the Kensington Metropark. Grandpa pushed Brody for so long and Brody was in heaven. He could live on a swing. And he has a song he sings every time he is on a swing that he thinks is so funny. It goes "Daddy's are a goody place to be, to be" over and over again. It was so nice of Grandpa to be out there playing with Brody, especially because I was too cold to get out of the car. So Grandma and I just watched and smiled encouragingly at them every once in a while. Isn't this picture sweet?
We also went to the Ford Factory Tour. Awesome. Seriously, it was amazing to see how the cars get built and hear some of the history of Ford (ug, I sound so lame). But the Factory- not lame.
Brody and Afton's favorite part was the bus ride there. I made a video of Brody on the way there and he was talking about how excited he was and how cool it was to ride on the bus. Then I asked him where we were going. He said "I don't know" so matter-of-fact like. Why would it matter where we are going? We're riding on a bus!
We also went to the Henry Ford Museum. Also cool. I think I really must be turning old because I totally think museums are interesting. Pretty soon I'll be watching reruns of the Lawrence Welk show and eating a steady diet of prunes and Dr. Pepper (that's what old people do, right?) At the museum there was a display for the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile (which I saw one time in real life!) Brody is hiding under the ketchup and white splotch, which I think is supposed to be mayo, maybe? white mustard? I don't know. But don't they make cutsie hot dogs?
I was so glad my mom and dad came. I wish they could have stayed forever. Afton still thinks they are down in the basement. She tells me every day that Grandma is in the shower and Grandpa is taking a nap so I need to be quiet.
Also, I just think my kids are so cute. Even though there is a little bit of an age gap between them they are such good friends. It makes my heart happy.

4 comments:

Melodie Anne said...

Best hot dog ever!

I didn't even know about half that stuff that you guys did! I swear I called you every day to see what you were doing, and I still missed so much fun stuff!

Seriously, though- you do sound super lame about the Ford tour. It's funny. Plus I really do love that picture of Brody and Grandpa. I wish I would have been there for every single thing!

Finally, we should web-cam. That is all.

A Real Winner said...

So cute!!! I love that last picture of the two of them! I totally agree with Melodie, I had to skip over the words you said about the Ford tour because I was too bored reading them. But I believe you that it was cool. Building things is cool. One time I went to the Cadbury factory and it would sound boring if I told you about it, but seeing chocolate be made was awesome!

Anyway, fun!! Hopefully more fun will be had when Arby and I come out this summer to see you guys! I miss you and your cute family so bad! Kiss your kids for me.

Perschon Family said...

i LOVE the picture of your dad pushing brody on the swing! priceless! and the picture at the end is very sweet as well! glad you had fun with your parents. and either you do sound old, or i am still way immature because it takes a lot to get me excited about a museum. ha! (although i LOVE touring factories! i love to see how things are made!) glad you're doing good out there in michigan and glad you kids are such good friends! that is happy!

Winn Family said...

So cute! I love the pic of the kids reading together. Those moments just melt my heart. And plus your kids are so cute that those moments are extra cute.
You stayed in the car :) ha ha! Love the pic of grampa and Brody though--so so cute! And how comfy Afton is with Julie? Precious. Anyway--love it.